So The Jew tagged me for this “My Desktop Free View” meme because she wants to see how perverted my desktop wallpaper is. I’m a sucker for memes, so what the hell, right? Unfortunately for The Jew, I’m in the office right now. And in the office, my desktop isn’t perverted. It’s just sexy.
And here’s my attempt on making sense of my office desktop:
- Yahoo! Messenger for Mac OS X – Who doesn’t have YM as a permanent fixture on their desktop, right?
- Snitter – My Twitter desktop client of choice. If you don’t know what Twitter is, then I have no other choice but to point at you and LOL. LOL
- The Desktop Wallpaper of DOOM!!!
- That’s the only icon I have on my desktop. See, I use my desktop as my temporary folder, and it can get pretty cluttered with new and temporary files at times. So I always keep it as clean empty as possible before I go home everyday.
- iTunes – As essential to me as YM and Snitter. It’s always open to serve all my musical desires.
- Firefox – I use other browsers as my current tasks dictate, but good ol’ FF is the first one I open every day. And it stays open all day like Thunderbird, my e-mail client of choice, which was minimized when I took this screencap.
- The Dock – This is where I access the rest of the applications that I frequently use like Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Cyberduck, Fugu, TextEdit, DigitalColor Meter, Calculator, TinkerTool, Camino, StuffIt, and DropStuff. For other applications and files, I access them through Finder, which is that Picasso painting-like icon at the lower left part of the screen.
Not very exciting, is it? I think I’ll do another post like this featuring my home PC’s desktop. I’ve got loads of stories with that one, and none of them involve porn! Honest!
I like to be random, so I’m tagging the last 5 people who posted an update on Twitter as I’m writing this. And here they are:
Tag, beeyotches! Oh, and by the way…
My Desktop Free View Instructions:
- Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun.
- Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you want. You can explain why you preferred such look or why is it full of Icons, things like that.
- Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktop as well.