100 Songs to Save Your Life

Music always helps, no matter what you’re going through. So, if you flunk a big test, or you had a really bad breakup, or you just miss someone so bad, it hurts, then listen to my playlist. A hundred songs to save your life. And it should help. – Peyton Sawyer, “One Tree Hill”

Dear Future Offspring,

one tree hillFirst of all, that quote over there is from an episode of One Tree Hill a couple of weeks ago. The line was delivered by Peyton Sawyer, a character I’ve never found interesting until recently. She’s pregnant and there’s a big chance that she’ll die when she gives birth. That’s why she made a time capsule for her future child. You know, just in case she bites it. Look it up. It’s an awesome show.

I’m doing the same thing now, but not because I have a medical condition that may possibly kill me on your birthday. Also, I will not get pregnant. Pay attention to your biology and sex ed classes, OK? I’m doing this because I might be too drunk to explain stuff to you or I might be too busy making love to your hopefully hot mom to talk to you. More importantly, I’m doing this because I believe that what Peyton said is a universal truth. Music always helps, no matter what you’re going through. Music is your best friend. It will never judge you. It will never leave you. It will always be there for you. If nobody is there to listen, you can always listen to your best friend.

I’m giving you this playlist, which I will upload to an iPod soon, to give you a springboard into the world of music. You will eventually develop your own taste in music, but for now, consider this your starter kit. These songs kept me sane during my dark times of depression and drama. These songs accompanied me during my happiest of days. Let this list be your first soundtrack to your triumphs and tragedies. Just don’t dick around with your iPod while driving.

Before I show you the list, let me just say one more thing. DON’T LET ANYBODY DICTATE OR JUDGE YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC. Don’t take shit from glossy mainstream zombies or from pretentious indie assholes. They’re all sheep. And now, Future Offspring, 100 songs to save your life:

1. 311 – Amber [iTunes]
  95. U2 – Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of [iTunes]
  96. The Verve – Bitter Sweet Symphony [iTunes]
  97. The Verve Pipe – The Freshman [iTunes]
  98. Weezer – Hash Pipe [iTunes]
  99. Weezer and Tim Levitch – The Sweater Song
  100. The Who – Baba O’Riley [iTunes]

Artists in bold: Check out their other songs. They’re awesome.

With love,

Future Daddy Baddie

Tags: , ,

71 Responses to “100 Songs to Save Your Life”

1. Joel Avatari says:

Awesome list!

2. Juice says:

Great list. I agree with most of 'em.

3. Ade says:

Fuck yeah, 4hero!

4. Sheenah says:

Sunday Morning and all its versions are relaxing. Also, agree on 4Hero and Snow Patrol!

5. Baddie says:

Thanks, guys!

6. I will seriously make a "Baddie's 100" playlist on my iPod with your list above. ;)

7. Baddie says:

Aww, thanks, Dre. Heh.

8. Eileen says:

me to. im making a "baddie's playlist" on my iPod.

awesome selection

9. Eileen says:

enter sandman reminds me of my highschool days.

oh, hai baddie.

astig ka talaga, mahal na ata kita *lol*

10. niki says:

AWESOME. Imma make a baddie playlist on my next post yes? Yes.

11. Baddie says:

@Niki: Yeheheheeesssss.

12. [...] Baddie wrote this pretty awesome blog entry about a hundred songs to save your life. Also, The Jew tagged me. Now these are the songs I want [...]

13. khangkhung says:

big ups for foo fighters, imogen heap, and silverchair!

14. [...] as I am 39 today. Per promiscuous tagging by Noisy Noisy Man based on Baddieverse [...]

15. [...] and from the looks of it, they all got it from a quite interesting blog. Long story, so just click HERE for the whole story behind [...]

16. [...] Life — Tags: Music — Procrastinator @ 3:41 am I got this idea from Baddie’s awesome blog entry, and reading Ade’s version of it kinda clinched the deal. Granted, my musical taste (or the [...]

17. The Marocharim Experiment » Blog Archive » 100 Songs. Because iTunes is On Shuffle and Repeat says:

[...] thanks to Baddieverse, Ade, and even MLQ3, I decided to put up my own 100 songs list.  Simply because iTunes is on [...]

18. [...] couple of weeks ago and inspired by a One Tree Hill episode/character, my manly friend Gino wrote a blog entry listing a hundred songs he’d like his yet-to-be-conceived baby Baddie to [...]

19. [...] Marocharim: 100 Songs. Because iTunes is On Shuffle and Repeat MLQ3: 100 Songs! For Melodious Success! Ade: 100 Songs. For Great Victory. Baddie: 100 Songs to Save Your Life [...]

20. dk says:

saw this from Helga's plurk. you are inspiring. you make me want to write something similar, YEY! :)

21. Baddie says:

@khangkhung: High five!

@dk: YAY! Though you should know that when people say that I inspire them, it scares me. I've inspired people to do… things.

22. Nikki says:

i want to do this! :)

i like that you like that cardigans song, btw..

23. 100 Songs to Give Your Boner A Boner! DONGS! | Pau Araos says:

[...] meme was inadvertently started by Baddie in an attempt to gradually come out of the closet by admitting he watches One Tree Hill. With it [...]

24. Pau says:

Baba O'Riley should also be on my list.

25. 100 Songs « anneisms says:

[...] 3, 2009 by annegomez Ginobear started this whole thing and people, being suckers for shit like this, followed suit. Anyway. You’ll see that my taste [...]

26. Anne says:

GINOBEAR! Gumawa din ako mahahahaharmn. XD

27. Penneh says:

sharon cuneta?? Really Gino?? Sharon??

28. Baddie says:

@Nikki: I see that you're already doing this. YAY! Also, I like that you like that I like Happy Meal II.

@Pau: If it's not on your list, then your list is gay. And can I just say that for years, I thought the title of that song was "Teenage Wasteland"? Wala lang.

@Anne: HUHYAY!

@Penny: Yes, really. Why?

29. jela says:

Hi! I got here by way of MLQ3's blog and decided to ehem, ehem, borrow your idea! :)

Thanks for this cool idea, and thanks for your playlist. I'll be checking some of the songs that you listed.

30. dk says:

apparently, LJ does not allow for ping backs, at hindi na piping back yung mga listahan ng mga tao na gumawa neto na nasa LJ :P hehehe

31. Baddie says:

@Jela: That's cool. :)

@DK: That's fine. As long as people are having fun over there, it's a victory for all of us. lulz

32. cj says:

permission to make a 100 songs list on my blog pls? ^_^

*found your blog while perusing the net.

33. jelisa says:

awesome list. cheers.

34. One Twenty One « Klaris Explains It All says:

[...] Twenty One Baddie here wrote a stellar post several weeks ago about songs for his future offspring and being the intrepid [...]

35. Goldie says:

hahaha awesome! noel cabangon, breeders, modest mouse…the list goes on…

36. WHERE THE HELL IS THIRD EYE BLINDS – JUMPER!!!

37. Gamer Dude says:

Whoo – Hoo!! Guns N Roses :) Great List! These Songs Are Great

38. silox says:

is this your list or Peyton Sawyer from One Tree Hill's list?

39. 100 Songs [1] (1-10) « strangelove addictions says:

[...] music by DK This is an internet meme. One which has been inspired by One Tree Hill and started by this guy right here. It had continued and is continually being played by internet whores such as myself. Considering [...]

40. 100 Songs [2] (11-20) « strangelove addictions says:

[...] by DK For some of you who had just tuned in the program, the 100 songs meme is one started by this guy right here, and is said to be the songs you would want your future children to listen to. Working on the [...]

41. 100 Songs [3] (21-30) « strangelove addictions says:

[...] listographs, meme, music by DK Getting on with the program. The 100 songs meme is one started by this guy right here, and is said to be the songs you would want your future children to listen to. Friends who are also [...]

42. poss says:

hey thanks for ur list! Good songs!

43. sawa says:

Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd

On The Radio- Regina Spektor

Talk- Coldplay

Piano Man- Billy Joel

3 AM- Matchbox 20

Fix You- Coldplay

Have You Ever Seen The Rain- Creedance Clearwater.

How To Save A Life- The Fray

You Found Me- The Fray

45. sawa says:

Why Does It Always Rain On Me- Travis

46. sawa says:

Whatever save, change, affect. But it is true, music always helps, no matter what you are going trough

47. Julien says:

Is this the list peyton made? or is it your own playsit?

48. rebekah says:

Good life by one republic… beautiful

49. 100 Songs [5] (41-50): 69 Love Songs « strangelove addictions says:

[...] on with the program. The 100 songs meme is one started by Baddie, right here, and is said to be the songs you would want your future children to listen to. Friends who are also [...]

50. one twentyone | repeatrefrain.com says:

[...] here wrote a stellar post several weeks ago about songs for his future offspring and being the intrepid [...]

51. Okay. I'm 47 and a musician, so sue me. There are. maybe, 25 songs/artists here I recognize. Great post, though.

Peace,

Karl A. Krogmann

Aging Uber Nerd

52. Phill says:

I'm 48 and not a musician.

There are over 50 songs/artists I've heard of.

At 47/48 you've lived through some of the most awesome music ever, but it hasn't stopped yet.

A great list, Thanks.

53. Boogiefevuh says:

Woah! It's the overplayed 104.3 list in print! I'm certainly not sick of any of these songs.

54. jason says:

I'm guessing this is the playlist for a future oldies station when your child's 20. All rather mainstream stuff which almost contradicts your "sheep" comment.

55. Baddie says:

@Jason: And I'm guessing you have a problem with reading comprehension. You almost got the point of the blog entry, man. Almost.

56. lis says:

dude, wtf. you didn't write Jimi fucking Hendrix on bold?

57. Jack says:

a starter kit?! dude, you say that you shouldn't let people dictate your taste in music, but by making this list you're attempting to dictate people's taste. contradiction? i think so

58. Baddie says:

I'm talking to my future offspring, giving them an idea of the kind of songs and artists I like. At best, it's a suggestion on what they should listen to when they're starting to develop their own taste in music. I'm not dictating their taste and I'm definitely not attempting to dictate other people's taste. I don't know where you pulled that conclusion from. Unless by reading this list, your mind can't help but be influenced? Not my problem, dumbass.

59. Wendy says:

"DON’T LET ANYBODY DICTATE OR JUDGE YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC. Don’t take shit from glossy mainstream zombies or from pretentious indie assholes. They’re all sheep."

Amen! This made me go and re-enque "The Reason".

I think I'll make my own 100 songs list.

60. Ochi says:

Listen to Elbi Nights, I find it good, too. I'm not from Elbi but apparently was told that I 'click' with people from Elbi.

61. my sister need this stuff i will bookmark this page ぶっかけ

62. [...] song you have ever heard can mean something special for someone somewhere. This is my philosophy. Songs about life — yours in particular — can come from the most unlikely of places. They move you. They [...]

63. jaime says:

Beautiful by Christina Aguilera

64. Ela says:

…and now I’m going to spend the night listening to these songs (I don’t know most of them). This is cool, I want to make my own list, too!

65. [...] 100 Songs to Save Your Life | BaddieverseMay 18, 2009 … Peyton Sawyer’s 100 Songs to Save Your Life list inspired me to create my … Peyton Sawyer, “One Tree Hill” …. Beautiful by Christina Aguilera … [...]

66. I just finished watching this episode of OTH! I wanted to see if Peyton's 100 Songs to Save Your Life list actually existed. Although it's a little sad that it doesn't, I am glad to have stumbled upon this list! Thank you and I'm also glad to see that Apo Hiking Society made the list! They are amazing.

67. Tosha Anderson says:

1 song that saved my life .. Keep On – Tyler Hilton .. aka Chris Keller
    one tree hill saved my life and whenever i feel really down.. i listen to Tyler’s song and i feel like everything’s gonna be okay..

68. lol says:

If Everybody Hurts isn’t in here (I may have missed it) then this list is not complete.

69. amy says: