Baddie’s Stupid Journal

diarySo I’ve always wanted to keep a diary, right? I tried it back in high school. Most of my entries were about girls, people that I hated, my parents always trippin’ on me, and more girls. I eventually grew tired of writing journal entries every other month. It was too much work. And it was sorta gay.

I tried it again in college. Using small planners, I jotted down short phrases every day. So in a way, it was written in code that only I, Baddie, can decode. I stopped doing it when my ex-girlfriend got a hold of my cute little planner. She gave me a beating (this is an opening for a hand job joke, but I won’t go there) after seeing all kinds of code names that were obviously for girls. Hey, I’m a friendly guy! Shut up.

I still sort of keep logs of my life by writing blog entries both in this blog and in Face Rockery. But all the tiny details of my everyday life are obviously seeping through the cracks of my Alzheimer’s-esque memory. This is where Twitter comes in.

I post tweets so often that I came to the conclusion that this micro-blogging thing is just like keeping a diary. Probably even better since you’re taking notes about your life as stuff happens. But reading old tweets is a big pain in the arse. You can’t even search for certain tweets in a reliable way. Sure, there are several search engines that specifically crawl Twitter, but I don’t want to search for other people’s tweets. I want to search for my tweets like the one where I made fun of a certain person. You know, so I can laugh and make fun of that person again.

This is where a blog comes in. Using WordPress and Alex King’s Twitter Tools plugin, I created an archive of my Twitter updates. Suddenly, I now have a searchable public diary. Logs of my daily experiences and thoughts. A collection of daily minutia featuring myself. Whooptidoo.

So what I’m saying here is I now have a stupid public journal, brilliantly titled Baddie’s Stupid Journal. I brought it to life early this week, I’m officially letting everybody know about it now, and the rest, as they say, is whatever.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “Baddie’s Stupid Journal”

1. dementia says:

Hmm interesting plugin. Masubukan kaya…

2. alohapenny says:

oh cool! For a moment I thought this was a sponsored post. ;)

3. Baddie says:

@dementia: You should. Although it can screw up your blog pretty good if you're not careful with the settings.

@aLOLapenny: Sponsored post? No. But if you want one, be back on Thursday. Heh.

4. joiz says:

You’ve made your pocket baddieverse into a real blog eh? Coolios.

Twitter tools. Oh yeah, just have to change a big chunk of code to make it work on wordpress 2.3++ else go crazy over the errors.

5. Baddie says:

Actually, you can just use the trunk version. It already has fixes for 2.3. I’m using 2.3.1 there and I didn’t need to change anything. What an offer!

6. joiz says:

yesh but some naive ignoramus users like me dunt know where trunk is sometimes.

oh didyu notice that twitter tools sometimes do not create blog posts when left on its own? You have to login to remind the plugin? Or is this just happening to me? Methinks it needs the almighty cron to go auto.

7. Baddie says:

You're not a naive ignoramus, Joiz. You're just lazy. LOLZ I keed!

I noticed that. The first few posts didn't get published until I logged in. But the more recent posts were published as expected. The sidebar widget, though, takes some time to catch up with my latest tweets. But s'all good.

Wait, where do you publish your tweets? You sneaky woman you.

8. [...] issues that I’d probably include in my new year’s resolutions. I’ve decide to chronicle my Tweets in my new “blog”, Baddie’s Stupid Journal. I finally got one over the Universe. [...]